Massage is both therapeutic and relaxing. It is an essential part of your health & well-being. A regular massage is necessary to remove toxins, release tension, remedy muscular aches & pains, maintain a healthy and stress free relaxed mind & body.
- Is a deep tissue massage.
- Is reviving using mobilization, stretching and trigger point release.
- Focuses on tight muscles, injuries, prevention and maintenance. This may include OOS, RSI, Tennis Elbow, frozen shoulder or any other form of aches & pains, acute or chronic.
- Helps improve blood circulation leading to overall well being.
- Is relaxing, refreshing and rejuvenating.
- Involves long gliding strokes using palms and forearm with medium to light pressure taking you on a journey to deeper relaxation.
- Promotes lymph drainage encouraging toxin removal thereby leading to good health, harmony, balance and peace.
- Aromatherapy blends are used to enhance your massage experience.
Hot Stone Massage
- Uses heated basalt stones to promote deeper relaxation.
- Helps release muscle tension, reduce stress and increased blood circulation.
- Helps revitalise body and mind.
Reflexology is a science utilizing the application of a specific pressure massage technique on precise reflex point on hands or feet. The reflex points on these relate to the internal organs and other structures of the body.
The aim is to work on these points to activate body’s own healing and cleansing mechanism and bringing about a state of health.
Conditions that can be alleviated by this treatment include:
Low energy, Irritable bowel symptoms, Headaches, migraines, sleep disorders, hay fever, eczema, aches and pain, menstrual difficulties and much more.
Indian Head Massage
- Is a gentle massage of scalp, face and neck to clear blockages, stress and fatigue.
- Helps reduce stress and improves good sleep.
- Promotes healthy hair and scalp.
- Involves gentle continuous pouring of warm oil over the forehead.
- Useful in disorders relating to eye, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, greying of hair and insomnia.
- Promotes deep relaxation of mind and brings harmony to the entire body.
Ayurvedic Hot Oil Massage ( Abhyagam )
- Ayurvedic Massage often referred to as Abhyanga originates from India and is a gentle but firm whole body massage from head to toe using warm herbal/medicated oil.
- Ayurvedic massage is deeply relaxing and rejuvenating. It helps improve the energy flow throughout the channels. It helps flush out the toxins thereby improving the lymphatic and circulatory system leading the way to a better immune system.
- A regular Ayurvedic massage helps overcome stress, anxiety and exhaustion. It nourishes the body, provides better sleep, improves skin texture and physical stability. It helps balance mind and body and stabilises the nervous system.
Cellulite / Lower Limb Massage
- Is the latest way to reduce unsightly appearance of cellulite.
- Cellulite massage is an enjoyable way to change the “dimpled”, “cottage cheese” or “orange peel” look often found on the thighs and buttocks.
- Cellulite massage smooths the appearance of the treated areas, tones the skin and improves body contours.It is designed to assist your body in its natural function of removing excess toxins, increasing blood flow and energy flow, while at the same time smoothing cellulite areas and re-shaping the body. You will experience a loss of inches in the process as well. The techniques use the body’s ability to work for it without using invasive or dangerous methodologies such as surgery.
- In addition to improved appearance, cellulite massage also gives the benefits of a deep tissue massage including improved circulation, better skin and reduced muscle pain.
How does this work?
Using distinct set of massage techniques your therapist will help your body to smooth cellulite and re-shape the natural contours of your body. Cellulite massage takes place over a period of weeks. It also provides increased blood flow and elimination of toxins.
Cellulite Remedy – Cellulite can be gradually eliminated by detoxification of body and speeding up metabolism. A healthy metabolism will remove cellulite forever. The efficient functioning of liver is essential for calorie burning and detoxification.
Cellulite appears in 90% of post adolescent women and is rarely seen in men. Cellulite is not related to obesity, since it occurs in overweight, normal and thin women.
Cupping was originally called “horn therapy” in ancient China, but variations of it have been used in Turkey, Greece, France, Italy and Eastern Europe. Cupping has a long history of use in acupuncture practice and has been combined with bloodletting, but it is a therapy in its own right.
Cupping is a safe, non-invasive and inexpensive technique.
Benefits include: treating colds, lung infections and problems in the internal organs. It is also used to treat muscle and joint pain and spasms, particularly in the back. Cupping is thought to stimulate blood circulation.
Advocates claim cupping causes tissues to release toxins; activates the lymphatic system; clears colon blockages; helps activate and clear the veins, arteries and capillaries; activates the skin; clears stretch marks; improves varicose veins.
Method:It involves heating the air inside the cup and placing the inverted cup on some parts of the body. A vacuum is created, which anchors the cup to the skin and pulls the skin upward.
Hawaiian Temple style Lomi Lomi Massage
- What is Temple Style Lomi Lomi massage? Hawaiian Lomi Lomi (otherwise known as Kahuna massage) is no ordinary massage; it is a merging of body, mind and spirit and is traditionally performed to honour the body as a temple of the soul.
- Temple Style Lomi Lomi and is very different from a normal massage. It is recognized by its long flowing strokes, flowing hula, tai-chi style dance movements and incorporating the huna breath. The massage initially begins with the connection made between the practitioner and the client. An intention is set for spiritual, emotional or physical healing. A time of stillness as the practitioner tunes into the clients body, energy and emotional needs. This creates a safe environment and the receiver relaxes and trusts.
- The practitioner begins by using warm oil and connecting, flowing strokes like waves of the ocean utilizing mostly using the forearms. The whole body is massaged and strokes can be over or under the body simultaneously.
- A sarong is always used to maintain modesty,this allows for uninterrupted long flowing strokes over the entire body. For deeper work the therapist may use hands, elbows or knees. It can be offered either as a deep tissue, invigorating or relaxing massage.
- Traditionally this massage was part of the Hawaiian Rites of Passage as it is thought to be both transformational and healing. Those who experience it will cherish the memory as a unique, magical and memorable experience.
- It often leaves clients feeling energized and floating for many days.